Saturday, May 26, 2012

And so it begins...


KARIBU (Welcome) to our blog!

Lots of love from the Mi2: Kenya team to our family and friends back in the states and in the Czech Republic!  As you all can tell, after 30 hours of traveling, we safely made it to Kenya.  We thank God for smooth and safe travels—I’ve literally never made it through London-Heathrow airport so smoothly; it’s a miracle!  I’m going to back things up a bit since we just now got internet access and focus this blog on the beginning of Mi2 and just my/our heart about this team as we began to take this journey together barely a week ago.  Oh and P.S. this is Amy writing!


So our adventure began last Saturday as we, along with Will Rogers, Ben Thornley, Blake Shively, Jeri Lyn Fluhr, and the Czech Republic team, made our way to Georgia/Tennessee.  We spent the weekend getting to know the whole Mi2 team, learning more about what our summers will look like, and participating in some extreme water sports.  We experienced sweet fellowship that can only come from the Father; He really just bound us all together in ways that I don’t understand.  I know that I can honestly say that all 13 of us left feeling like family.  He is just so good.  Overall, it was a perfect weekend just spent prepping physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually for this summer internship.


On Wednesday our adventure across the world began.  Our families and friends gathered at the airport to see us off and to pray over us.  I am so thankful for the people that came to send us off—it really meant a lot to all of us to have such a strong foundation back in the States that will pray for us and welcome us home in 11ish weeks.  Saying goodbye to my family and friends for the summer was harder than I thought especially saying goodbye to the Czech team in Chicago, but I know that God is going to rock our worlds this summer and our reunion in August will be sweet. 


Over this past week I have just been in awe of God and how he put the whole Mi2 team together.   In the short week that I’ve known the team, I have seen God’s hand moving over us and binding us together.  I know that without a doubt that this team is God-ordained and that he is on this journey with us in Kenya and in Czech.  A wise man once told me, “Remember your all’s team spans continents.  It’s a special team-trust me in that.”  Those words have really meant a lot to me and to my fellow Kenya-ers as we embarked on this journey with feelings of excitement and uncertainty.  There is specialness about this team that we can all sense, but I don’t know what that specialness is quite yet.  And I certainly am not worthy to be part of such a special team, but I’m so humbled that I do get to be a part of what God is doing in Kenya and in Czech (indirectly).  I know that my fellow Kenya-mates feel the same way.  Even though 6 of us are in Kenya and 3 are in Czech, we are one Mi2 team and through this team God’s glory and goodness are being made known in Africa and in Europe.  We may be only a few people in the scheme of things, but I know that God has used us and is going to use us to make himself known in these places and beyond.  I’m so thankful to be part of this team-in Kenya and Mi2 as a whole.  I feel like I’ve known my Kenya team for way longer than a week; they truly feel like family to me and I am so excited for us to grow together as a team and individually.


So yeah, blogs will be coming soon about our first couple days in Kenya, but I can tell you for sure that God is already opening our eyes and teaching us so much.  We are so thankful for the internet…finally… and I pray that it continues to be in full working order.  We love each and every one of you reading this blog and we appreciate even more your prayers.  Please pray that as a team we will continue to grow in trust and love for one another and pray that we just make ourselves more available and open to what God wants to teach us.  We love you all.


“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”            Ephesians 3:20-21



In Christ,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment